Monday 4 April 2011

Typographical Postcards



As part of the letters brief, I decided to put my typographical statements into context. I chose to present them onto postcards which can be sent through the post as a message to a loved one. There are five alternative designs to choose from, each held together by a belly band inside a box I made to work as a collection for sale.





My main idea behind this product is to promote sending letters, and to show the contrast of presenting words. Using the same poem for my postcards and handwritten letters, you can see how the two can be read differently. Postcards are simple, straight to the point, which reinforces the typographic design; it is straight to the point.



There is also a small booklet included inside, explaining the postcards and the idea behind making them, and what they aim to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment